I was getting constant complaint from users regarding session getting disconnected. I understand its the network issue from my session host. However i found this steps useful to mitigate the disconect issue mentioned in the troubleshoot guide
Error: Heartbeat issue where users keep getting disconnected from session hosts
If your server isn’t picking up a heartbeat from the Windows Virtual Desktop service, you’ll need to change the heartbeat threshold. This will temporarily mitigate the issue symptoms, but won’t fix the underlying network issue. Follow the instructions in this section if one or more of the following scenarios apply to you:
- You’re receiving a CheckSessionHostDomainIsReachableAsync error
- You’re receiving a ConnectionBrokenMissedHeartbeatThresholdExceeded error
- You’re receiving a ConnectionEstablished:UnexpectedNetworkDisconnect error
- User clients keep getting disconnected
- Users keep getting disconnected from their session hosts
To change the heartbeat threshold:
- Open your command prompt as an administrator.
- Enter the qwinsta command and run it.
- There should be two stack components displayed: rdp-tcp and rdp-sxs.
- Depending on the version of the OS you’re using, rdp-sxs may be followed by the build number. If it is, make sure to write down this number for later.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Terminal Server > WinStations.
- Under WinStations, you may see several folders for different stack versions. Select the folder that matches the version number from step 3.
- Create a new registry DWORD by right-clicking the registry editor, then selecting New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. When you create the DWORD, enter the following values:
- HeartbeatInterval: 10000
- HeartbeatWarnCount: 30
- HeartbeatDropCount: 60
- Restart your VM.