I would like to make you aware of an exciting new promotion for customers who are new to the Windows Virtual Desktop platform.
Windows Virtual Desktop is the only service that delivers simplified management, a multi-session Windows 10 experience, optimizations for Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise, and support for Windows Server Remote Desktop Services (RDS) desktops and apps. With Windows Virtual Desktop, you can deploy and scale your Windows desktops and apps on Azure in minutes and get built-in security and compliance features.
Other great value and benefits available in Windows Virtual Desktop
- Cost Savings: Access to Windows Virtual Desktop is available to you at no additional cost if you have eligible M365 or RDS CAL licenses – you only pay for the Azure resources you consume. Additionally, Windows Virtual Desktop can bring significant savings in Infrastructure across compute (paying Linux compute rates), networking and storage, as well as lower labor costs with compute and storage moving to the cloud
- Supported transition to Windows 10: With extended support for Windows 7 ending soon, get free extended security updates for your Windows 7 virtual desktop. This includes more support options for previous app versions while you transition to Windows 10.
- Built on Azure: Achieve standardization of your infrastructure across regions and uniform deployment via serverless architecture, as well as reduction of costs and complexity with a highly secure cloud foundation managed by Microsoft
- App Assure: Microsoft is committed to ensuring your apps work on the latest versions of our software. If you encounter any issues during your migration of apps to Windows Virtual Desktop and Windows 10 multi-session (whether virtualized apps running on Windows Server or on Windows 7 or 10 desktop/client device VDI environments), we will help you remediate them at no additional costs.
30% off Compute Costs for Bs and D Series VMs for WVD Host Pools
The goal of this offer is to help customers who are embarking on their journey to desktop virtualization through Windows Virtual Desktop in order to achieve a secure and remote work environment for their employees as well as ongoing business continuity.
This promotion allows new Windows Virtual Desktop customers to save 30% of the computing costs in D-series and Bs-series virtual machines for up to 90 days, when using Microsoft’s Windows Virtual Desktop native platform and activated before March 31st, 2021. Eligible customers can activate the promotion directly in the Azure Portal in just a few clicks.
The benefits and eligibility for this promotion include
- 30% discount on the computing costs in D-series and Bs-series virtual machines that are used in Windows Virtual Desktop host pools for up to 90 days
- Available to customers deploying on Microsoft’s Windows Virtual Desktop native platform
- Activation must occur before March 31st, 2021 and is for a 90 day consecutive period
- Customers must be deploying into the Azure Commercial Cloud (not Azure Government)
- Only one subscription per billing scope is eligible for the promotion